- Can a person be quintessential?
- What does Quint mean in quintessential?
- What does quintessentially British mean?
- What is another word for quintessential?
- What is another word for perfect?
- Is archetypal a word?
- How do you use the word epitome in a sentence?
- What does epitome of beauty mean?
- What does the word quintessential mean?
- How do you use quintessential in a sentence?
- What is the difference between essential and quintessential?
- What is a quintessential woman?
- What’s the opposite of serendipity?
- How do you use incorrigible in a sentence?
- Does Quint mean five?
- What is the noun form of the adjective quintessential?
Can a person be quintessential?
Quintessential can also describe a person who is the perfect example of something, like a salesperson or athlete, but the adjective consummate may be a better choice in this context..
What does Quint mean in quintessential?
fifth”quint” means fifth. The “quintessence” is the fifth essence. The fifth element was the one supposed to come after air, fire, earth, and water in the Medieval Age.
What does quintessentially British mean?
in a way that is the most typical example or most important part of something: The painting is quintessentially British.
What is another word for quintessential?
In this page you can discover 17 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for quintessential, like: classic, ultimate, ideal, model, typical, archetypal, archetypic, archetypical, classical, prototypal and prototypic.
What is another word for perfect?
What is another word for perfect?flawlessexcellentexquisiteimmaculateimpeccablepristinedefectlessfaultlessintactirreproachable214 more rows
Is archetypal a word?
adjective. of or having the nature of an archetype, or original model or prototype: an archetypal evil stepmother.
How do you use the word epitome in a sentence?
Epitome sentence examplesThe fashions presented were the epitome of the style of the 1930s. … The hotel was the epitome of British colonial elegance in Jamaica. … The epitome of feminine beauty might become the rotund figure on which the momma appears to pride herself. … His lifestyle was the epitome of unsustainable living.More items…
What does epitome of beauty mean?
If you say that a person or thing is theepitomeof something, you are emphasizing that they are the best possible example of a particular type of person or thing. FORMAL n-sing usu the N of n (emphasis) Maureen was the epitome of sophistication…
What does the word quintessential mean?
If someone tells you you’re the quintessential rock musician, that means they think that everything about you screams “rock and roll.” Quintessential means embodying or possessing the essence of something.
How do you use quintessential in a sentence?
1) He is the quintessential hero – a tall, dark and handsome man who looks dapper in a suit. 2) Going to the spa is the quintessential pastime of the rich and famous. 3) He is trying to be the quintessential heavy metal guitarist by wearing black clothes, having unkempt hair and getting lots of tattoos.
What is the difference between essential and quintessential?
While quintessential means ‘representing the most perfect or typical example of a quality or class’ [OED], it defines essential as ‘absolutely necessary; extremely important’.
What is a quintessential woman?
The quintessential woman is astute, Intelligent and wise, after all, She is in the business of moulding lives. She’s capable of delivering the best, From a five-star meal to a well-balanced child.
What’s the opposite of serendipity?
zemblanityErgo: zemblanity, the opposite of serendipity, the faculty of making unhappy, unlucky and expected discoveries by design.
How do you use incorrigible in a sentence?
Then her teacher calls her an incorrigible little sermonizer, and she laughs at herself. Incorrigible offenders on these matters were ” left ” to the secular power, to be corrected with due ” animadversion.”
Does Quint mean five?
A sequence of five cards of the same suit in one hand in piquet. [French quinte, from Old French, interval of a fifth (in music), feminine of quint, fifth, from Latin quīntus; see penkwe in Indo-European roots.]
What is the noun form of the adjective quintessential?
Noun. quintessence (countable and uncountable, plural quintessences) A thing that is the most perfect example of its type; the most perfect embodiment of something; epitome, prototype.